My 2nd attempt baking this ang mo carrot cake using another recipe from KitchenTigress. The 1st attempt was using rice cooker and the texture is moist and dense, while this recipe gives a Light and moist texture.
This recipe requires more carrot and nuts which includes raisin as well, which is nice like a fruit cake! It taste even better with Cream cheese frosting!
Recipe source from kitchentigress
85g brazil nuts, chopped (I used walnuts)
Grated zest of one medium orange
280g grated carrot(2-3 carrots)
225g self rising flour
1 round tsp ground cinnamon (I used level 1 tsp)
1 tsp baking soda
175g muscovado sugar ( I used brown sugar 170g)
175g vegetable oil
115g raisin ( I used 80g) soaked in 2 tbsp orange juice
1 tsp vanilla extract (Optional, not in original recipe)
1. Preheat oven to 160degC
2. Line and grease 20cm square tin
3. Whisk sugar and oil till smooth
4. Add in egg one at a time till well mixed
5. Add in the sifted flour/baking soda/cinnamon and rest of the ingredient into
6. Pour mixture into pan and bake for 50mins to an hour or when an inserted
skewer come out clean.
7. Cool the cake in tin for 5min before turning it out on wire rack to cool.
8. Frost top of the cake with cream cheese and sprinkled with crushed walnuts
B) Crèam Cheese
(Can halved the portion for frosting one cake)
* I would usually make one portion and use remaining frosting for macaron filling or cupcake frosting
250g cream cheese, thawed
115g unsalted butter, room temperature
100g icing sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1.5 tbsp lemon juice
1. Whisk cream cheese and butter till creamy add vanilla extract
2. Mix in icing sugar followed by lemon juice and mix well.
3. Keep in fridge if not ready to use