- 45 g vegetable oil
- 100 g popcorn
- 10 g butter
- 45 g water
- 180 g sugar
- 50 g cashews, toasted and coarsely chopped
- 50 g almonds, toasted and coarsely chopped
- 5 g sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 tsp salt
- Cover bottom of heavy pot with oil. Add corn. Cook over medium high heat for 6 minutes, shaking frequently to get evenly popped kernels. Cook until all kernels have popped and turn off heat. Keep lid on and set aside.
- Combine butter, water and sugar in another pot and bring to a boil. Stir continuously to avoid burning. Cook the mixture for 4 minutes, till it starts caramelizing.
- Turn off heat. Add popcorns and nuts. Stir quickly to get them evenly coated with caramel.
- Sprinkle with salt.
- Spoon into greased moulds immediately, if using. Serve warm.